Hyperacidity or Heartburn or acid stomach is the condition, in which the HCl secreted more than the normal amount in the stomach. In Ayurveda, it is related with amal pitta. In this condition, patient feels pain in the middle of the chest and has sour belching.
What factors cause Heartburn?
- Faulty Diet
- Irregular meals
- Excessive spicy, salty, oily and hot diet
- Bakery Products
- Increased intake of painkillers and antibiotics
Signs and Symptoms of Hyperacidity?
- Sour Belching
- Burning sensation in the throat, chest and upper abdomen
According to Ayurveda, this problem increases in the rainy season, which aggravates pitta dosha.
Some Ayurvedic Formulation which may relieve your symptoms–
- Drink coconut water.
- Put two teaspoons of coriander seed powder in a bottle and mix one cup of boiling water into it. Leave it overnight. Sieve it through a cotton cloth and add one teaspoon of sugar into it and drink.
- Take a teaspoon of fennel powder (saunf) after meal.
What to do?
- Eat smaller meals
- Always drink water after meals
- Eat without talking
- Yoga Therepy: Vajrasana, Bhujangasana, Sarvangasana, Padmasana
What not to do?
- Heavy, spicy, sour, hot, too much oily food
- Anxiety, worry, anger etc.
- Acholic drinks and acidic food
- Drinking water just before meal
- Day Sleeping after meal
- Heavy meals at night time
- Taking curd at night (strictly avoidable)
written by: Dr. Ranjeet Singh