“Frigid“- is derived from the Latin word frigidus, means-cold and the suffix-ity is derived from the Latin-itas means-condition or state. Frigidity is a condition in which , there is a failure of a female to respond to sexual stimulus. In such condition, the women is not able to achieve orgasm during sexual intercourse. There may also be shortage of lubrication and swelling associated with sexual arousal. Frigidity is quite common problem with women thesedays, and it is also known as female sexual arousal disorder (FSAD). There is a lot of mental disturbances in both women and her partner causes interpersonal difficulties. In Ayurveda the term frigidity is known by the name ‘ Kaam shauthalya’.
What factor causes frigidity in women?
Frigidity could be result from Psychological and Physiologial (pathological) problem-
- Guilt about sexual involvement
- Work or job related stress or anxiety
- Past history of sexual abuse or trauma
- Any impairment in Artava dhatu
Physiological (pathological) problem:
- Hormonal imbalances
- Lactation (breast feeding)
- Any pelvic injury
- Pain during intercourse
- Alcoholism or drug abuse
- Post natal period
How to manage frigidity?
Ayurveda trust that the herbal remedies can cure your problem in natural way or unadultrated form. Combination of these help to enhance invulnerability, give quality, improve body immunity and provide strength and will. These herbs are natural and 100% safe to your body. The herbs in Ayurveda help to release stress or psychological problems and enable the sex organs to secrete proper hormones in the body that lubricate the reproductive system of a women and setup her in a characteristic natural comfortable manner to get physically involved with her partner.
Ayurvedic remedies and medicines?
1.Ashwagandh ( Withania somnifera )-It act as ‘adaptogenic’ in nature and help to cope with stress or anxiety. Take one teaspoon of ashwagandha powder with warm milk or water two time in a day.
2.Shilajit( Black asphaltum )- Shilajit has been used long tine as a libido enhancer, improving vigor and stamina. It helps in improving physical and mental stress, libido in male, sexual arousal disorder in women.
3.Ginko biloba (ginko or maindenhair tree) and Safed musli are useful in enhancing the sexual drive in women.
4.Shatavary( Asparagus racemosus ) -Shatavary has been used to help women to cure reproductive health problems, balances harmons, increase libido and stamina, pre-menstrual syndrom, improve digestion.
5.Ashoka( Saraca asoca )- In women, it is very useful herb help in dysmenorrhea (painful menstruation), balances harmones and regulates menstrual cycles. Ashoka imporves the strength and stamina in young women having menstrual problems like painful menstruation and leucorrhea. It can also be used to relieve pre-menstrual tension.
6.Ginger can be used in this condition, it is extra ordinary home remedy. Boil the one teaspoon of grated ginger in 150 ml of milk and add some sugar to taste, have it one time in a day.
7.Banyan-Have three teaspoon of banyan tree root powder with a large portion of milk or water.
8.After five-six days of menstrual bleeding, have two teaspoon of Ashwagandha powder in two cup of milk.
9. Mix one table spoon of Shatavari with half tablespoon of Vidari. and take it with a cup of warm milk at night before going to bed.
10.Gently massage the pubic bone with Bala oil, Shatavari ghee or Castor oil.
- Make shake of 10 raw almond soak over night , peel off the skin at morning, add one cup warm milk, one tablespoon ghee, one tablespoon natural sugar, Nutmeg a pinch and a pinch of saffron. Blend all thoroughly. Have it at morning.
- After breakfast, eat three figs with one tablespoon of honey. An hour later, take a glass of Lassi. This will help restore sexual energy.
Diet & Lifestyle Advice
- Avoid smoking, alchohol, tea, coffee, packaged food.
- Avoid utilization of white flour, use whole grain flour and brown coloured rice.
- Increase the utilization of spices like– fennel, parsley, sage and anise because they are known to boost or enhance sex drive in women.
- Body massage with sesame oil help to resuscitates muscular vigor and stimulate the nerve.
- Do some regular physical exercise and practice yoga, pranayam and meditaion
By- Dr. Ranjeet Singh