According to Ayurveda, Bronchial Asthama occurs due to the violation of vata and kapha doshas. It manifests as repeated episodes of breathlessness and a feeling of tightness in the chest, which are results of narrowing of the airway.
- Intake of Godhuma, Old Rice, Mudga, Kulatha, Yava and Patola.
- Usage of Garlic, Turmeric, Ginger, Black pepper.
- Intake of Luke warm, Goat milk and Honey are beneficial.
- Respiratory exercise, Pranayama and Yoga.
- Fish, heavy diet, masha, fried items, mustard leaves are not advised.
- Cold and humid atmosphere, smoke, dust and fumes are advised to be avoided.
- Sweets, chilled water, stored food items and curd are not suitable.
- Suppression of natural urges to be avoided.
- Excessive physical exertion to be avoided.
- Exposure to dust, pollutants, pollens, fumes, smoke and cold are to be avoided.